Corona Vaccination: In India, the cases of corona have reduced but the vaccination campaign still seems to be gaining momentum. In fact, the Union Health Ministry has shared a very important information regarding Kovid Precaution Done. Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said that from March 16 i.e. tomorrow, the vaccination of children in the age group of 12-14 years will be started in the country.
On the other hand, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya through his tweet said, “Children are safe then the country is safe! I am happy to inform that the COVID vaccination of children in the age group of 12 to 13 and 13 to 14 will start from March 16.” Also, everyone aged 60 and over will now be able to receive the precautionary dose.”
Mandaviya also urged families of adults and children of 60 years to get vaccinated. According to Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, India has so far completely vaccinated more than two crore adolescents in the age group of 15-18.
Who will fall in this category for vaccination?
The ministry said in a statement that the government, after consultations with scientific bodies, on March 16 decided to take into account the age groups of 12-13 years and 13-14 years i.e. children born in the years 2008, 2009 and 2010 who are already more than 12 years of age. It has been decided to start the Kovid-19 vaccination for those who are of age. According to official sources of news agency PTI, around 7.11 crore children will be vaccinated under the new age group.
How 12-14 year olds can get vaccinated and citizens above 60 years can register
- Firstly, Open the Co-Win Portal using the link www.cowin.gov.in
- Then click on the “Register/Sign In” tab to register your child for COVID-19 vaccination
- Log in with phone number and OTP received
- If you are using the same phone number with which you have previously registered for vaccination, click on the Add Member button on the top right corner.
- If you’re using a new phone number, tap the Add member button directly.
- In case of children, you will be asked to upload some documents like Aadhar card, PAN card etc. In the absence of documents, children can also upload the school ID card for registration.
- Elderly citizens can also use passport, driving license, PAN card, smart card issued by RGI under NPR or pension documents with photo. After this an OTP will be sent to your number.
- After entering the OTP, the candidate can start booking their slot by entering their location, pincode, etc. and then tap/click on Book Appointment.
read this also: