4 killed, 14 injured in fire at junk shop in Jammu



Four people, including a child, were killed when a massive fire broke out at a junk shop in Jammu on Monday. 14 people were injured in the accident. police gave this information. Officials said the death toll could rise further as rescue operations were still on. Jammu Senior Superintendent of Police Chandan Kohli said that the fire broke out due to a short circuit in the junk shop on the ground floor of the building located in Residency Road area in the evening. Soon the flames engulfed the entire building and some of the LPG cylinders kept inside exploded.

He said that three people, including a child, were burnt to death in the incident and 14 others were rescued and taken to the hospital. Another body was later recovered, officials said. Most of the residents of the building were workers from Assam.

A spokesman for the Fire and Emergency Services Department said they received information about the blaze at around 6.10 pm and fire tenders immediately rushed to the spot. Jammu Additional Director General of Police Mukesh Singh also reached the spot to oversee the fire and rescue operation.

Anwar Hussain, a resident of the building, said, “More than a dozen families are living in the building. The fire spread very fast, many residents could not escape immediately.” Another resident Yasmina Khatoon said that everything of the residents of the building was burnt to ashes in the fire.

read this also- Hijab Row: High Court will pronounce its verdict on Tuesday, ban on celebrations and demonstrations in public places in Bengaluru

If illegal construction is not removed from the bungalow in 15 days… BMC’s notice to Union Minister Narayan Rane



Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!