The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the CSIR UGC NET (CSIR NET) test to select candidates for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF). The test evaluates their aptitude for teaching positions in Indian universities and colleges.
The NTA CSIR NET 2021 was announced on December 3, 2021, and the application period ends on January 2, 2022. The CSIR UGC NET test will be held on January 29, February 15, and February 18, 2022.
Candidates who pass the MCQ exam will be selected for the CSIR UGC NET. Applicants who pass the test will be invited for an interview and a Junior Research Fellowship.
The CSIR NET exam is a computer-based test held twice a year in June and December. It covers subjects like Life science, Earth science, Mathematical science, Chemical science, and Physical science.
What is CSIR NET 2022?
The CSIR UGC NET exam is one of the most popular national-level assessments for those interested in becoming professors or lecturers. Passing the NET JRF qualifies candidates for M.Phil. or PhD programmes at prominent institutions.
JRF students are eligible for a monthly stipend of INR 25,000 for a two-year term, making the JRF certification even more appealing. If a fellow is pursuing a PhD., the fellowship is upgraded to SRF (NET) after two years, and the monthly income is increased to INR 28,000 for the third and subsequent years.
CSIR NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling out the application form, candidates should double-check the CSIR NET eligibility criteria. Candidates must meet all eligibility requirements, including age and education, to apply for the UGC NET test. Some of the educational prerequisites that must be met to take the test are as follows:
- SC/ ST/ physically/ visually challenged applicants must have a minimum of 50% in their Master’s Degree, whereas general/ EWS/ OBC-NCL candidates must have a minimum of 55%.
- Candidates in their final year of a Master’s degree or equivalent degree, and those awaiting results, are eligible to take the test.
- Only PhD. degree holders who obtained their Master’s degree before September 19, 1991, are eligible for a Lectureship. A minimum of 50% is necessary for this.
CSIR NET 2022 Application Form
Candidates interested in taking the UGC NET test should register and learn more on the official website. While filling out the CSIR UGC NET application form, aspirants must follow the process outlined below:
- Go to the official CSIR UGC NET website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the ‘Application Form UGC- NET Dec 2020 and June 2021 cycle’ button on the main page.
- You’ll be brought to the application form page.
- ‘New Registration’ is the best option for new users. A page of instructions will appear; carefully read all the instructions, scroll down, and tick the box below.
- Click the ‘Click here to Proceed’ button to continue. Name, date of birth, educational background, email address, phone number, and other relevant information need to be entered.
- After filling out the application form, click the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will be given an application number and a password. For future use, login with the same application number and password.
- Candidates must send scanned photos in the appropriate format.
- Candidates must double-check all information before paying the ‘Application Fee.’
- Keep a copy of the fee receipt and a printout of the completed application form for future reference.