A commercial roof does not come cheap, whether you are replacing the roof or buying one for your new home. To make the replacement decision, you need to plan the cost and research more on commercial roofing. Although the cost of the roof is the first concern, you also have to calculate the expenses of repair later on. Let us learn about the costs of commercial roof replacement.
Factors that determine the cost of commercial roof replacement
- The materials– Various factors determine the cost of roof replacement. One of them is the material. Unlike residential materials like asphalt shingles, the commercial roof requires other things. Also, the materials are more expensive than the residential roofs.
- Location– The location of the building is a factor in the roof replacement cost. The cost of labor varies in a country. However, the code requirement and the climate are factors as well.
- Warranties– You can choose the brand and the type of roof material based on the warranty you have received from the seller. While some companies provide a single roofing system, others can offer different options, this will affect the replacement expenses.
- Labor– The labor needed for the replacement affects the cost. If you have to hire more laborers for the installation, the project will cost more than you estimated. You can get the estimation from Commercial Roofing Oklahoma City.
Cost of Replacing Commercial Roofs
The cost of replacing a commercial roof will depend on the type and size of the roof. A small flat one on a single-story house will cost more than $80000. It will not include the tear-off. On the other hand, a large roof on a multistory house will cost more than $200000. The best way to get an estimation, you can contact Roofing Okc. The professionals will help you understand the overall expenses.
Different types of roofing and their cost
- Metal roofing– The average cost of each square foot is $5 to $10. The cost will also depend on the metal panels you have selected.
- Built-Up Roofing– Built-up roofing will cost per square $5.50 to $8.50. The price will vary with the labor and materials.
- Shingle roofing– The cost of per square foot shingle roofing can be from $2.50 to $5. The cost will depend on the labor and materials. The style and type you select for the installation will impact the overall expenses.
How long will it take to replace a commercial roof?
It will depend on the location, size of the building, and the type of materials. Replacing a roof can take up to six weeks. If the building is large it may take longer. Metal roofs take less time than the other types. Other factors will impact the time like the climate, or if you want to add other things.
What types of roofs are used in commercial roofing?
Three types of roofing used for commercial purposes are coating systems, PVC, and TPO. Each type has its disadvantages and advantages. Therefore, you need to choose the correct one based on the needs of your project.
Commercial roof replacement takes more factors to consider before the installation. You need to know about the type, location, and labor cost. To know more get an overall idea from this article.