The human body is immune to many diseases. There are many bacteria and viruses that the human body can withstand. However, there are some viruses and germs that we cannot fight against; hence we must take precautions to fight them so that they cannot affect us.
Germs are everywhere; the food that you eat, the water you drink, the air you breathe, and the people and the animals you live with all of them carry some virus or germs with them. In addition, if you are sitting on a surface or walking barefooted on the ground, you will catch invisible germs and viruses.
Some of these germs and viruses are harmful when some are not. Your immune system is strong enough to protect you against such germs and viruses. We are immune to most of the slightly infectious diseases.
This article will talk about several ways to protect yourself from viruses. We will also talk about the diseases that you get from viral infections.
Here are some common viral diseases that happen because of viral infection.-
You can catch a common cold if exposed to the viruses responsible. The viruses that cause colds to attack your respiratory system and cause common symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, coughing, and fever. Currently, most colds are caused by coronavirus or Rhinovirus.
Aids is a fatal viral disease, and it can occur due to viral infection of HIV. Headache, fever, weight loss, skin rash, joint pain, diarrhea, swollen lymph are some of the symptoms of AIDS. In the worst-case scenario, AIDS can cause death. In addition, blood transfusion unprotected sexual intercourse, and using other needles can cause HIV to affect a healthy individual.
The influenza virus can affect your throat, nose, and lung with the flu. When you have influenza, you will face symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, and talking, sending droplets through your mouth and nose. These droplets contain the influenza virus, which causes others to have the flu.
The covid pandemic has agitated the world more than any virus has ever had. But unfortunately, this is also a flu virus that transmits from an affected person to a healthy person through the droplets.
The common symptoms of covid include fever, pain in the chest, loss of taste and smell. In the worst-case scenario, the patient may have trouble breathing. In addition, the pandemic led by covid has put many people into depression and anxiety.
How To Keep Away From Virus?
Viruses are invisible, which makes them deadly. We cannot simply keep them away; however, there are several precautions that we can take to improve our chances of staying away from viruses. Here are some tips to help you out.
- For the first step, we can keep away from people affected by a certain virus. Coming in close contact with the infected people increases our chance of getting infected.
- Covering our mouths and noses is a good way to stop the droplets from spreading. We can ensure the safety of others by covering our mouths and noses when coughing or sneezing. It also helps you stay away from infection when someone affected by the virus is sneezing.
- We can avoid touching our mouth when we are sick to prevent the further spread of the virus.
- Before touching a surface that is used often, we can disinfect it using sanitizers. That way, we can ensure the safety of others and ourselves.
- We should keep away from food and water. If you are a bodybuilder and you are using health supplements like Muscletech mass gainer. But if you keep it in an unhygienic condition, it will become contaminated and damage your health on intake.
- Washing hands is a necessary way to keep ourselves of virus’ way. Washing your hands can help you disinfect yourself from viruses by a great deal. You can use soap and water to wash your hands frequently. If they are not available, you can also use alcohol-based sanitizers.
- The best line of defence for any strong virus is vaccination. Researchers look for the causes of a viral infection, and they can create antiviruses to prevent the attack of the virus on our bodies. Vaccines can stop viruses from growing within our bodies. There are many vaccines that we get as children. While there are also some vaccines that we need to get as adults. Tetanus, covid-19, and influenza viruses are some viruses that can be cured using vaccines when you are an adult.
- If all the other methods fail and you catch a virus, your doctors will prescribe you medicines to help you cure the viral disease.
There is a cure for most of the viral infections we suffer from. Cold, influenza, tetanus is treatable. Even covid patients can cure if they take the precautions and have an Armstrong immune system. Several vaccines have proven effective in creating an immune system against covid.
But we should always be careful and follow the precautions so that we don’t catch a certain virus.