If you are going to get the children vaccinated, then first read this news, there will be no problem
The corona virus vaccine will be administered to children in the age group of 12 to 14 years from Wednesday across the country. The central government had announced on Monday that from March 16, children aged 12 to 13 and 13 to 14 years would be vaccinated against corona. For this, the central government has also issued guidelines. Preparations for vaccinating children in the states have almost been completed. The central government also today asked states to organize dedicated COVID-19 vaccination sessions at designated centers and provide training to vaccinated health workers, so that mixing of vaccines can be avoided during immunization of children in the age group of 12 to 14 years.
Which vaccine will be given?
The central government has said that only the Corbevax corona vaccine developed by Biological-E of Hyderabad will be given to the beneficiaries of this age group. Children vaccinated will be able to get vaccinated by visiting the vaccination center directly apart from online registration starting from 9 am on Wednesday.
Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan, while interacting with the representatives of all the states and union territories through video conferencing, said, “Vaccinators to ensure that there is no mixing of vaccines during immunization of children of 12 to 14 years. And the vaccination team needs to be trained.”
According to the Health Secretary, states have also been asked to ensure judicious use of available Kovid-19 vaccines according to the date of their use. According to the guidelines issued earlier, states can replace those vaccine vials whose period of use is going to end soon.
Health Minister announced
Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya in his tweet on Monday said, “Children are safe then the country is safe! I am happy to inform that the COVID vaccination of children in the age group of 12 to 13 and 13 to 14 will start from March 16.” Also, everyone aged 60 and over will now be able to receive the precautionary dose.”
About 7.11 crore children will be vaccinated
The ministry said in its statement that the government, after consultations with scientific bodies, on March 16, 12-13 years and 13-14 years age groups i.e. children born in the years 2008, 2009 and 2010, who are already more than 12 years It has been decided to start the Kovid-19 vaccination for those who are of age. Around 7.11 crore children will be vaccinated under the new age group.
How to register?
- Firstly, Open the Co-Win Portal using the link www.cowin.gov.in
- Then click on the “Register/Sign In” tab to register your child for COVID-19 vaccination
- Log in with phone number and OTP received
- If you are using the same phone number with which you have previously registered for vaccination, click on the Add Member button on the top right corner.
- If you’re using a new phone number, tap the Add member button directly.
- In case of children, you will be asked to upload some documents like Aadhar card, PAN card etc. In the absence of documents, children can also upload the school ID card for registration.
- Elderly citizens can also use passport, driving license, PAN card, smart card issued by RGI under NPR or pension documents with photo. After this an OTP will be sent to your number.
- After entering the OTP, the candidate can start booking their slot by entering their location, pincode, etc. and then tap/click on Book Appointment.