Counting of votes for the assembly elections of five states is going on today. In Punjab, the Aam Aadmi Party seems to be getting a huge majority, while in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP alliance seems to be returning to power with a thumping majority. Apart from this, in Goa, Uttarakhand and Manipur, BJP is also visible around the majority. The Congress has not done well in all these states and the party has also lost the ‘fort’ of Punjab. Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut has given a big statement on this.
On the results of the assembly elections, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut said, “The Congress party has suffered badly in these elections. We did not get the expected results. People in Punjab got another option and chose AAP. BJP’s victory is also a victory for their election management.” The Shiv Sena leader has been a constant attacker about the BJP and during the elections also he had targeted the BJP fiercely.
What is the condition of the five states
1. In the trends so far in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP alliance seems to be getting more than 250 seats. While the majority figure in the state is 203. While the second number is the Samajwadi Party alliance, which is seen winning about 130 seats.
2. In the trends so far in Punjab, the Aam Aadmi Party is seen getting more than 90 seats, whereas here the majority figure is only 159. While the Congress party does not seem to be reaching even 20 seats.
3. BJP’s position in Uttarakhand also looks strong and the party is seen winning more than 45 seats. Whereas the majority figure in the state is 36. Congress is likely to get 18 seats.
4. In Goa also, BJP is seen emerging as the largest party and is seen capturing about 20 seats. 21 seats are needed for majority in the state. While the Congress alliance is ahead in 12 seats.
5. In Manipur, BJP is seen capturing 28 seats while 31 seats are needed for majority in the state. Whereas the Congress seems to be reduced to less than 10 seats.