The results of the assembly elections held in five states are being declared today. BJP has got huge public support in four states. In Punjab, the broom is moving towards a charismatic victory. The results of elections held for 403 seats in Uttar Pradesh, 117 in Punjab, 40 in Goa, 70 in Uttarakhand and 60 in Manipur are being declared today.
CM Yogi Adityanath has registered victory from Gorakhpur. On the other hand, Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami could not save his own seat. On the other hand, in Punjab, the incumbent CM Charanjit Singh Channi has to face defeat from two seats.
- Yogi Adityanath, the current CM of Uttar Pradesh, has won the election from Gorakhpur seat. CM Yogi has won by 1 lakh 2 thousand votes.
- Swami Prasad Maurya has to face defeat from Fazilnagar seat. He has got 36346 votes. Whereas BJP’s Surendra Singh Kushwaha has won this seat with 66947 votes.
- As Shiromani Akali Dal leader Bikram Singh Majithia has lost from Amritsar East by a margin of 14,408 votes, the Aam Aadmi Party is close to creating history in the Punjab Assembly elections.
- AAP’s CM face Bhagwant Mann has won from Dhuri seat in Punjab with a huge margin of votes. Bhagwant Mann won the election by a margin of 58,206 votes.
- Punjab Congress President Navjot Singh Sidhu has lost from Amritsar East by a margin of 6,750 votes. This seat was being considered a hot seat due to Bikram Singh Majithia also contesting the elections.
- Former Chief Minister and Punjab Lok Congress founder Captain Amarinder Singh lost from Patiala by a margin of 19,873 votes. The Captain tweeted and wrote, “I accept the decision of the people with all humility.
- Congress candidate Malvika Sood from Moga constituency of Punjab has been defeated by Dr. Amandeep Kaur Arora of AAP by more than 20,000 votes.
- In Punjab, the CM face of Congress and the current Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi have to face defeat from both the seats. Charanjit Singh Channi has lost from both Bhadaur and Chamkaur Sahib seats. Channi got 26409 votes from Bhadaur seat. Channi got 62306 votes from Chamkaur Sahib.
- Pushkar Singh Dhami has to face defeat from Khatima seat. He is defeated by 6951 votes. Pushkar Singh Dhami got only 33175 votes, while Bhuvan Chandra Kapri of Congress got 40175 votes.
- Congress veteran Harish Rawat has lost from Lalkuan seat. Harish Rawat got only 28251 votes. Whereas BJP lead Mohan Singh Bisht has got 44851 votes. He defeated Harish Rawat.
- Colonel Ajay Kothiyal, who contested from Gangotri on Aam Aadmi Party ticket, lost the election. He got only 5998 votes. BJP’s Suresh Singh Chauhan has won this seat.
- BJP state president Madan Kaushik has won from Haridwar city seat of Uttarakhand. He defeated Congress candidate Satpal Brahmachari by around 14,000 votes.
- BJP’s incumbent Chief Minister N Biren Singh won from Hingang constituency against Congress rival Pangejam Saratchandra Singh by a margin of over 17,000 votes.
- Congress leader Okram Ibobi Singh has won the election from Thoubal seat. He has got 15085 votes. Whereas the candidate of Bharatiya Janata Party got 12542 votes.