Organisations, regardless of their size, are transforming their processes and systems to suit evolving business requirements in a rapidly transforming technological environment. To match business emphasis with technological solutions, this digital transformation necessitates specialised knowledge and procedures. Before any tech solution development can take place, solution architects are one of the most important services to be availed. In this post, we’ll define certified solutions architects, outline the roles and responsibilities AWS Certified Solution Architect is quite different from aws certified cloud practitioner, and show how one can start their career in this domain along with the skills required.
Who is a Solution Architect?
One of the most sought-after jobs in today’s world among the software development team is that of a solution architect. The position entails being in charge of developing and implementing a software solution to suit specified requirements. His role requires integrating hardware and software items for great performance outcomes. To deliver a more effective system, he must describe the architecture of an application to other departments or fellow team members.
When a computer analyst shares project specifics, the job of a solution architect comes into play. Throughout the software development cycle, he organizes requirements and motivates or guides other team members. He is responsible for a project’s technological stack, including programming languages, operating systems, development platforms, and more.
As an AWS certified solutions architect, you’ll be able to create innovative cloud-based solutions and move current ones to the cloud. The primary responsibilities of solution architects are listed below.
Roles and Responsibilities
With the help of a Solution Architect, it becomes possible to deliver the solution on time and within budget. He also ensures that the solution is precisely aligned with the company’s requirements. Here are some of the other majorly handled roles of the solution architect.
- Architect, constructing, and maintaining the organisation’s cost-effective, scalable cloud environments.
- Understanding the company’s business goals and developing cloud-based solutions to help them achieve them.
- Digital transformation is the process of moving archaic systems to the cloud to improve organisational efficiency.
- Preventing downtime and security breaches by keeping cloud environments secure.
- Identifying the dangers of using third-party platforms or frameworks.
- Looking for methods to improve company operations by digitising regular chores.
- Creating, managing, and designing internal cloud applications for the company.
- Making sure that data leakage and downtime are kept to a bare minimum.
- Keeping up with the best cloud computing practices and making changes to the company’s or organisation’s cloud infrastructure.
- Responsible for communicating with internal teams, such as Sales, Operations, and IT.
- Communicate with stakeholders and develop apps to suit project requirements.
- Making recommendations for the organisation’s hardware and software based on the project’s or organisation’s needs.
Let’s look at the skills required for excellence in the role of aws cloud developer. One should have:
- Flexibility and a thirst to learn
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Desire to work in a team
- People skills
How to get started
With hundreds of thousands of positions requiring competent applicants, demand for aws cloud computing specialists with accredited training is on the rise. As you move forward with your interest in the field, you have to enrol in an aws certification course. Once you are done with your course, you need to take an AWS solution architect certification exam. You must be familiar with the types of questions on the exam, which are multiple-choice and multiple responses. The exam has a range of 100 to 1000 points, with 720 being the minimum passing score. You have to score a good 720 or more to secure a certification.
Soon after you have earned your aws training and certification, you must do AWS cloud projects to gain experience before entering the job market. Getting into the job market with an AWS certification and personal side projects to show help you stand out.
When there are so many possibilities accessible, the next question is which training institute to join. For this, you should conduct an online search for the best institutes and create a list of the ones that appeal to you the most. Begin filtering them based on several criteria such as reviews, previous feedback, the institute’s reputation, pricing structure, course modules, course duration, faculty staff, etc. These factors will undoubtedly aid you in determining the best alternative for you.